Waterbodies.org is an extension of “Water Bowls” artwork installation in collaboration with interface designer Claudia Jacques. It is based on the idea that every one of us has a water body that we are emotionally connected to – a river, lake, ocean, sea or even a stream. Often it may not be located where we reside and we strive to create an interface where we gather people who are connected to the particular water body to share stories, information and be aware of its current state. Focusing on the complexity of water and the characteristics involved in the social networks around water, we bring human and water resources together across institutional, geographic, cultural, artistic, technological, and scientific boundaries. Once a month we invite and feature a new Water Keeper every Lunar Cycle who, in addition to adding their own projects, they add / invite other people who he/she considers important in work related to water.
- Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, New York City, NY, September 22nd, 2011 – March 25th, 2012
- Microwave International New Media Arts Festival, Hong Kong, November 13th – 22nd, 2009
- Feedback / Feedforward, Laboral Gallery, Gijon, Asturias, March 21st –July 30th, 2007
- Second Natures, Opening of the Broad Art Center, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, September 13th – October 26th, 2006
- Beijing International New Media Arts Exhibition and Symposium, Code Blue, Millennium Museum Premiere, Beijing, China, May 2006
- Organized Symposium, “4th State of Water”, UCLA, CNSI, Los Angeles, CA, March 22nd – 23rd, 2006