OMG is a public art project conceptualized for the Pacific Wheel premiering at Glow 2013 in Santa Monica — dusk to dawn on September 28th. I was commissioned as one of 3 lead artists to develop a work specific to the site and the one-day. The concept was to view the ferris wheel as the mandala of industrialization and bring to the attention the incoming age of biotechnology via the symbolic image of the octopus – the biological mandala. The Pacific wheel is powered by solar energy and we programmed it to show the octopus as a mandala and, together with my team, eight octopus crowns lit with LED lights were created for the participants. Thus the audience was invited to put on the octopus crown and enter the wheel.
Exhibitions + Installations
- Lead Artist Commission, GLOW Art Event, Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Park, September 28th, 2013
- Luna Park Wheel, Sydney, Australia, with Lea Kannar, September 20th, 2013
- Seattle Wheel, Seattle, Washington, with Siddharth Ramakrishnan, September 15th, 2013
- Coney Island Wonder Wheel, Brooklyn, NYC, with Ardele Lister, September 8th, 2013
- La Grande Roue, Marseille, France, with Margaut Gastard, August 21st – September 1st, 2013