Blue Morph is an interactive installation that uses nano-scale images and sounds derived from the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly.
Nanotechnology is changing our perception of life and this is symbolic in the Blue Morpho butterfly with the optics involved -- that beautiful blue color is not pigment at all but patterns and structure which is what nano-photonics is centered on studying. The optics are no doubt fascinating but the real surprise is in the discovery of the way cellular change takes place in a butterfly. Sounds of metamorphosis are not gradual or even that pleasant as we would imagine it. Rather the cellular transformation happens in sudden surges that are broken up with stillness and silence. The audience is invited to experience the sounds of metamorphosis.
- Musée d’Histoire Naturelle, Palais Longchamp, Marseille, June 20th, 2013 -- January 10th, 2014
- Science Gallery, Dublin, Ireland, September 14th – November 14th, 2012
- Beall Center for Art + Technology, UC Irvine, CA, February 2nd – May 6th, 2012
- Baltic Sea International Cultural Centre / St. John’s Cathedral, Gdansk, Poland, May 12th – June 15th, 2011
- New York Electronic Art Festival / St. Cornelius Chapel, Governor’s Island, New York City, May 30th – September 30th, 2011
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March 31st – April 12th, 2011
- Slaves et Nomades: Onze Femmes Artistes, Galerie Singuliers, Paris, France, April 11th - 25th, 2011.
- Buon Domani, A Better Tomorrow, Stefania Miscetti Gallery, Rome, Italy, December 9th, 2010 - January 29th, 2011.
- ACM Multimedia 2010, International Conference, Florence, Italy, October 25th – 29th, 2010
- BIOTOPIA – Art in the Wet Zone, PORT 20:10 – Contemporary Art and Social Technology, Aalborg, Denmark, October 15th, 2010.
- SOLO – Theater Doz, Santa Ynez, CA, March 20th, 2010
- Integratron, Joshua Tree, CA, January 1st, 2009
- Hybrids, Trondheim Matchmaking, Festival for Art and Technology, Trøndelag Centre for Contemporary Art, Trondheim, Norway, October 17th, 2008
- "NANO: A New World Politics" - "Nano Poetica de un Mundo Novo", Museu de Arte Brasileira, San Paolo, Brazil, April 12th - June 1st, 2008
- ENTERmultimediale Festival 3, May 11th, 2007 – July 1st, 2008
- SOLO – Fringe Exhibitions, Los Angeles (representing video work at the Miami/Basel Fair), CA, December 5th – 11th, 2007
- CIANT Gallery, Prague, September 11th – November 25th, 2007
- BIOS 4, CAAC: Centro Andaluz de Arte Contemporaneo, Seville, Spain, May 3rd – September 2nd, 2007
- Tesla: Extraterrestrial Vibrations, Integratron, Joshua Tree, CA, June 9th, 2007
- Happening. Integratron, Joshua Tree, CA, June 9th, 2007